Sunday 22 June 2008

Thanks to Richard Jamieson

A big thank you to Richard Jamieson who did a 15 hour shift with me yesterday helping me with the filming and general support.

For those of you who don't know him, he is a good runner (Northern AC) who has had his best results in fell running. In his mid twenties he studied for A levels at Isle of Man College and has just graduated from Salford University in (something like) wildlife conservation. He is currently living in Ramsey but hopes to continue his studies next year with a post graduate course.

He was home at Christmas and I was chatting to him about photography at the St Johns Fell Race on New Year's day when I saw the chance to rope him in as my assistant. Despite little communication from me in the interim he honoured his word even though it meant declining one possibility of earning some much needed cash this weekend.

Hopefully, next year my eldest brother Mike will be able to rejoin the setup (he assisted me for the last two years) and if I can retain Richard as well I will be free to concentrate on webediting and uploads. With the weather the way it was this year, I couldn't possibly expect Richarrd to be the one in the rain all the time.

I'm also going to recruit a separate photographer for the finish and will lock myself away in the van and leave it to someone else to do the enquiry desk which distracted me this year.

This bit is an addition to the original post - our photos ended up in the same folders so ut is unclear whether they are taken by Richard or I so I am crediting all photos from the weekend as joint copyright.

No comments:

Blog Archive